Friday, August 24, 2007

Week of Blessings


This week has been full of blessings for me. Compared to last week it was a lot easier. However, that does not mean it was a breeze. Hear ye, Hear ye, Teaching is HARD WORK. It is definitely not a job that you can "leave at the office". Teachers work 24/7 it seems like. Anyways, I spent all week just trying to live a day at a time. There are times when I want to put tape over every child's mouth and tie them to their chairs, and then there are times when nothing makes me happier than an unexpected and definitely undeserved hug from one of my students. My days are rollercoasters of negatives and positives, but I have been slowly, and I mean very slowly learning how to be a better teacher. I started to get sick towards the end of the week, but luckily it never developed so I still could go to school. That was one blessing, secondly, we finally got hot water!! I hadn't had a hot shower in at least 3 weeks, it was great to actually feel very clean. I still take mostly cold showers because of the heat, but to at least have the option of making it slightly luke warm is super nice. Plus, doing our dishes in warm water seems so much more sanitary. As if that wasn't awesome enough, I got a much needed and very pleasantly surprising phone call a few days ago. I also received some very encouraging emails with some great advice from previous SMs and teachers. I appreciate all the emails I receive, you have no idea how much it means to me! Then, today, as I came into the office, bemoaning the fact that I still had a whole day ahead of me before I could rest for the weekend, I spied a nice big package with my name on it!! It was the most exciting piece of mail I have ever received. I mean, this thing was everything I needed and more, stuffed into a cardboard box! Needless to say, although life is still rough and I still am not used to all the responsibilities I have, I have a lot to be thankful for this week. Tomorrow we are planning to go to a different church than our usual one and a few of us our singing "Give it all to Jesus" for special music. After church I've heard rumor of a potluck, I sure hope it's true!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

If there is a rumor of a potluck, there will be a potluck! Enjoy the taro and breadfruit! I'm glad your week was better.

Denice said...

I'm SO glad you had a better week. I've been praying for you. Hang in there! Love you bunches.
Auntie Denice

Ronda said...

Yeah! I'm so glad this week went better. I have been praying for you. I hope things are going well for Riki...that little booger hasn't called or written since right after she got there! I don't think she's gotten her phone or internet hooked up yet. Keep your blogs coming. I look forward to reading each one!

Anonymous said...

Hi Freddy!
Hugs and kisses from Bend, Oregon!
Sounds like you are having the adventure of a lifetime! I'm sure the teaching will come easier as you go. I loved reading your blogs tonight and also enjoyed the pictures as well. Do what you love, love what you do!!
Love, Aunt Karen

Riki said...

yay for sabbath! it is the best day ever, potlucks and friends and no work and hiking/swimming/exploring!
and it's great to see that my own mother thinks so highly of me as shown by her comment above...