Thursday, August 2, 2007

Day One



We flew out of Hawaii (where we had orientation) on Wed. morning and arrived in Pohnpei Thurs afternoon. I'm staying in apt. 6 (for those of you who that means something) with Ashlee, Lacy, and Karen. I have my own room, which was a surprise. Last night the locals had a HUGE potluck for us SMs and we got assigned to our host families. The kids here are incredibly cute and the people are so friendly. The food was very different, some I liked alot, others not as much. After the potluck we sat and talked to people for a while and then went to bed. This morning we had breakfast with some of the other SMs and we are going to have our first staff meeting to talk about all the details for teaching and that stuff. The pictures are from Hawaii and a few from yesterday.

4 comments:

Erin said...

The airport! Ah! I can't believe you're there! Please keep writing your blogs. I look forward to reading about your adventures. Love you cous! Give Dilushika a hug from me. She's on my myspace top friends if you need to see her pic. Love you lots and lots!

Ryan said...

Hurray for the Pohnpei airport. I was SO there like, um, 4.5 years ago. [sad face] I miss the islands . . .

But at least now I'm going to get updates from you! I'm very excited about this.

Sa\/age said...

Really cool. I am glad you are there and settling in. You forgot to mention the most important stop of your flight from Hawaii to Pohnpei....landing on the island of the Sleeping Lady...KOSRAE! Ha ha ha! Keep us updated!

Ricky said...

Awesome KT, keep up the posts, it's fun to hear what's going on down there. I'm glad to see you've made it safely, and I hope you get adjusted quickly.

Can't wait to hear more!