Wednesday, August 8, 2007

School Happenings


The last few days have been pretty much nothing but lesson planning and cleaning my classroom. It's so much work! School hasn't even started yet and I'm tired! We went shopping again today and now we have a little more variety of food, I've been eating mostly rice and oatmeal for the last week. Some of the other SMs are getting their Pohnpeian driver's licenses and they were practicing around town today. I played soccer with some locals and other SMs last night, which was fun. It makes you sweat so bad though! Right now they are building a new apartment and so they turned off the hot water heater, so we have cold showers, which sounds like it would feel good since it is so hot here, but it's pretty shocking early in the morning. It is SOOOO hot here during the day from about 9-4:30ish. After that it's a really nice temp. and it's pretty comfortable, but during school hours I'm going to melt. The other night it rained REALLY hard, I mean, rainstorms in Cali are nothing compared to this, it was amazing. I love the rain here. It rains almost everyday and most nights for a while at least. There are geckos living in our apartment, just running around, and there are HUGE spiders here too, and they jump really far too. I was chasing one around Jen's classroom with a broom, it took me forever to kill it! Well I've got tons of lesson plans waiting for me, so I'd better get to work!

2 comments:

Riki said...

Hey KT! It sounds like you are having an awesome time, I am too. I don't have much time to write to you right now, I'm using the school's computer because my apartment doesn't have internet yet (or a phone or a car which makes communication interesting). But anyway just making sure you haven't forgotten about me yet! Love you lots friend!

Erin said...

Ah! Dilu! You took this pic to make me jealous! I miss her so much! Give her a huge hug and tell her I love her! I'm so glad you are experiencing Pohnpei. All your stories are dejavu! I miss soccer, and pohnpei rain, and big spiders! Ok, maybe not the the spiders. Love you. Keep writing.