Friday, August 31, 2007

Happenings



This week went by fast. I was super busy all the time trying to figure out grading, calling parents, and mustering up the energy to teach. Things are starting to get into a routine now, but there are still new challenges everyday. My kids seem to find a new way to misbehave or something new to complain about everyday. My evenings are filled with grading and recording after which I go straight to bed because I am exhausted! Occasionally I find time to go running at the track or play soccer if I put off grading for a blessed few hours. Last night was the Freshman welcome party at the gym. The kids are crazy! A few groups did some dancing for entertainment. They all brought a bunch of very delicious food too. It was pretty fun, especially because I never see the high schoolers, I'm always with my class. I like them a lot, sometimes, but after 7 hours everyday of loud rambunctious little kids I'm ready for a break. We got paid yesterday and went shopping. We finally got a mop for our apartment and some more food. It's amazing how fast the money goes! After vespers tonight John and I climbed into the neighbor's star fruit tree by the church (they don't mind) and we harvested a whole bunch of star fruit. Some of it wasn't quite ripe so it has a bit of a sour tang to it, but it is pretty delicious! Sunday is a work day for us so we'll be working around the school and our apartments probably fixing up stuff and general cleaning. I am so glad it is the weekend. God sure knew what he was doing when he made a day of rest! Thanks for all the emails and comments, it really makes my day to hear about how you guys back home are doing! I miss you all!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I love starfruit! I want one! It sounds like things are starting to pick up. Before you know it you'll be headed home and wonder where all the time went. I am praying for you and am excited to hear about all your adventures. I love you Katie.

Denice said...

Hey, Bee,
Your adventures sound very familiar!! I'm glad you're getting into the swing of things. I remember Lindsey & Erin both craved some "down" time. They keep you hopping. We love you and are praying for you. You'll do a GREAT job!

Riki said...

Mmm starfruit! I miss you lots friend! I'm glad things are getting better. I don't know about you but I'm just trying to survive one day at a time. Which is made a lot easier by the fun times on the weekends! Guess what movie Eva is watching on her computer right now...I'll give you a hint...it includes a bog of eternal stench and a dog named ambrocius...hahahahahaha love ya lots!

monte said...

Hi Katie,
I just found your blog. I can relate to so much of what you're saying. I know you're being a blessing there. Savor everything that seems difficult. You'll look back on it with nostalgia someday. Keep that sparkle in your eyes. God bless you. Monte