Saturday, November 3, 2007

Finally November



This week was another short one. Apparently November is full of short weeks. I’m looking forward to it. This week started out rough and continued much the same. I’m glad we had Friday off, I think I might have gone crazy otherwise. On Halloween a bunch of my kids came to the apartment for trick-or-treating. They were cute in their costumes. On my day off I mostly read and sat around, it was relaxing. We also went out to The Village with everyone for breakfast. That was fun to just chill and hang out with all the SMs. I don’t get to see the high school teachers much during the week. Today we played ultimate frisbee for a while and I took a nice long nap. The annoying thing about napping here is that I always feel ants crawling on me so I wake up to slap them all. Last week I got a package from WWU with a bunch of notes from old friends and stuff, it was fun to read those! I’m glad it is finally November. October was one of those months that just seemed to never end. This week is the school fair, similar to the fall festival at home. Our class is hosting some ping pong ball race. It should be a good time even if it is a lot of work. Last week when we had Wednesday off I tried my hand at break making for the first time. I’m quite pleased with the results if I do say so myself. I didn’t have all the right ingredients, but it turned out alright and it is a lot cheaper and healthier than buying pre-made loaves. Well, I’m off to see what fun there is to be had this evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, minisavage. I wish I had half the time off in Pohnpei as you talk about. I've been here for seven years and have received little to no remuneration though I am well known in the FSM.

I sold my rock climbing gear in the US and bought scuba gear thinking I'd be out every weekend after I moved here but have been out five times since I've been here because I don't have a boat.

You are a lucky individual indeed! Never think otherwise and stop looking for the next day off. My son, who was a student at SDA could tell, as could I, that most of his teachers were looking for precisely that.

Most of you do a great job and I think that's where your heart is but I also think that your heart may be divided.

The kids as SDA are counting on you for their future.