Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanksgiving and other Randomness



So maybe this is a bit late for Thanksgiving, but hey, life is busy. Last Thursday night we had a big huge feast with all the SMs, the Benjamins, and some of the locals as well. I’ve never seen so much food in all my life. It was delicious and a lot of fun too! We sat around and chatted after the preliminary stuffing of ourselves. I missed having Thanksgiving with the family, but I had a good time here too. Last Sat. we had SM Sabbath and it went really well. We had a big potluck after church and then just lazed around the rest of the day because it was raining too hard to go hiking. The big excitement for the week was that we decorated our apartment for Christmas and consequently busted out the Christmas tunes! Nothing like a little bit of Kenny G and Jackson 5 Christmas to bring the spirit of the holidays. It’s hard to believe that Christmas is so soon! I’m looking forward to seeing Riki and Ross and having some time to play and relax! School really saps you of all energy. Just keeping up with my 3rd graders is a full time job, and then I have to try to teach them something on top of that! We made snowman, candy cane, and Christmas tree nametags on Friday. They were asking me what sledding was like and how you could ice skate on a pond without falling through the ice. I realized that I have experienced so much in my young life. Although being here I admit makes me feel ancient. I am over twice as old as the people I spend the majority of my time with, trust me, it can make you feel old in a hurry. Well I hope your Thanksgivings were delicious and enjoyable!

Things I've learned in Pohnpei:
1. ants will get into your food, nothing can stop them, they have the force.
2. Being willing to do something is more important than being good at it.

1 comment:

Vero in Saipan said...

haha ants get in EVERYTHING here...literally! i had to clean out a whole bag of walnuts that my fmaily sent me! haha have fun!